Autumn 2020 and our response to the ongoing pandemic.
- By law Dance studios were permitted to open on 25th July 2020 and offer dance indoors if social distancing is maintained and guidelines for maximum capacity within gyms adhered too. This is 100 sq ft per person for the whole of a venue – including lobby, changing rooms, toilets etc, not just the dance studio. Guidance also suggests limiting mixing of ‘bubbles’ where at all possible.
- On 10th July The Department Of Education released new guidance for Early Year Settings. From 20th July “early years settings will no longer be required to keep children in small, consistent groups within settings.” Our under 5’s will not have to social distance, but all other protective measures will remain in place.
- Aspirations School of Dance may take 7 students in a class.
- Social distancing is still to be maintained (2m or 1m+ with risk mitigation)
- From 18th August 2020 singing may be resumed with risk mitigation.
- Teaching Bubbles will be as consistent as possible, and we will use a registration app ‘dance checkin’ to assist with Track and Trace.
- The facility will be cleaned in-between groups.
The following procedures supersede all others whilst we are still in a pandemic.
SCHOOL HOUSE KEEPING
In order to keep a consistent learning environment that affords us to prepare for examinations and show work the school operates 46 weeks of the year.
Please note the 2020 Autumn timetable has multiple classes of the same level as students are required to be trained in consistent bubbles. If you would like to join the school, please telephone or email in the first instance to ascertain suitable classes / availability.
Aspirations School of Dance is registered with the Information Commissioners Office: Policy Number: ZA347940
Please remember you can opt out of any correspondence at anytime by emailing email@example.com